In this free 13-hour Java basics course, Svetlin Nakov explains some of the fundamental concepts in programming – data types, variables, console input and output, conditional statements, loops and others.
For each of these topics you will find many practical exercises, that he solves for you in the video. However, our advice is to pause the video right before the solving section and try to do the exercises on your own first. Then, if you have difficulties, just watch the provided solutions in the video. If you still have questions, we’re always here to help! Join our Facebook group and ask away!
*The exercise descriptions are to be found in the PDF document at the end of this post.
This course is perfect for anyone who is a beginner and wants to create a foundation of basic knowledge of programming to build upon. It’s also great for people who have some background in programming with a different language and would like to pick up on Java.
Java Coding: First Steps
- The Java Language, IDE, Writing Java Programs and Commands
Expressions and Statements
- Variables, Data Types, Operators, Expressions, Input / Output
- Control-Flow Logic with the if-else Conditional Statements
Advanced Conditional Statements
- Nested and Complex if-else Statements
- Repeating Blocks of Code
- Increasing a Variable from X to Y
- Repeating Code Blocks While a Condition Is True
- Using Loops Inside Other Loops
- More Complex Control-Flow Logic
Remember that coding is a skill, which should be practiced. To learn to code, you should write code, every day, for a long time. Watching tutorials is not enough. You should code! Now it’s your turn. Do your exercises!