In this free Java Foundations video, we explain some of the fundamental concepts in programming. For example – we will review how to use data types, variables, conditional statements, and loops. Also, we will learn how to debug our code and see where it fails.
Each of these topics is explained with many real-life examples and hands-on exercises. As always, we advise you to pause the video right before solving part of a problem and try to do the exercises on your own first. Then, if you have difficulties, just watch the provided solutions in the video.
*The exercise descriptions are to be found in the PDF document at the end of this post.
Java Coding: First Steps
- The Java Language, IDE, Writing Java Programs and Commands
Expressions and Statements
- Variables, Data Types, Operators, Expressions, Input / Output
- Control-Flow Logic with the if-else Conditional Statements
Advanced Conditional Statements
- Nested and Complex if-else Statements
- Repeating Blocks of Code
- Increasing a Variable from X to Y
- Repeating Code Blocks While a Condition Is True
- Using Loops Inside Other Loops
- More Complex Control-Flow Logic
Watch the video and solve the problems. To better understand the material, do the coding exercises and implement the knowledge you acquired. Writing code is the only way to master the skill of code.
Submit your code in the SoftUni Judge System: