In this free Java Foundations video, we explain some of the fundamental concepts in programming. For example – we will review how to use data types, variables, how variables are stored in the memory, how to convert from one data type to another.
Each of these topics is explained with many real-life examples and hands-on exercises. As always, we advise you to pause the video right before solving part of a problem and try to do the exercises on your own first. Then, if you have difficulties, just watch the provided solutions in the video.
*The exercise descriptions are to be found in the PDF document at the end of this post.
Data Types and Variables
- What is a data type?, Characteristics, Memory, Conventions, Variable Lifetime, Span and Scope
Integer and Real Number Types
- Max/Min Values, Size, Overflow, Literals, Scientific Notation, Precision
- How to convert from one data type to another?, Explicit and Implicit Conversion
- Boolean Data Type – Overview
Character and String Types
- Overview, Escaping Characters, Formatting Strings
Watch the video and solve the problems. To better understand the material, do the coding exercises and implement the knowledge you acquired. Writing code is the only way to master the skill of code.
Submit your code in the SoftUni Judge System: